For those who would ask whether they are "too broken" or "unworthy" to step foot into a church, the community of Clear Lake Texas has answered them. This blog features hundreds of postcards from individuals within the church and the community who have anonymously shared their deeply personal issues with the world. Hopefully this will begin to provide some dialogue and understanding that the church exists explicitly for the broken and unworthy. Everyone has challenges which they have to face. Hopefully we will realize that we need to be more open and intentional about reaching out to those around us... even if it's just by sharing our story.

(Be sure to check out the “Blog Archive” on the right to view previous posts. Click any image to enlarge)

Monday, October 4, 2010

Second Set

We currently have 112 postcards submitted.  We are so moved by what we are receiving and are praying over each one of these cards.  In the meantime, we hope that those reading this blog will continue to be both shaken and inspired by what people are sharing.

















































































The above states:
10/03/10  I have always felt shame, even as a child.  It’s very hard to believe that all my life God loved me.  As a child, a man did sex acts on me (age 4 to 5).  [I] never told anyone.  [I] started school [but] I could not learn.  The teachers called me retarded [and] overlooked me.  The older I got, the less I liked me.  My mother left me when I was eight.  I thought of taking my life.  I had a child out of wed-lock at age eighteen.  Marriage #1 [ended in] divorce with 3 kids.  In marriage #2, he beat me for fifteen years.  [I endured] mental, physical and verbal abuse.  Now I am fifty-six years old.  I gave my life to God 3 years [ago] but I still struggle with who I am.  Is it true [that] I am worthy? 


No comments: